Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Alphabet of the Ordinary: A

A few months ago I heard about a photographer who takes pictures of the ‘ordinary’ in her life in an attempt to capture those very mundane moments and objects that illuminate the essence of a particular life in a particular time. A couple of Sundays ago, an alphabet of ordinary items found in my home started to whisper their way into being. I have long been enamored of the alphabet--perhaps because I teach young children, perhaps because words have been central to my journey, and to me, letters are building blocks--seeds for expression and connection. And so, each day for the next 26, I will listen for the whisperings of these objects I take for granted within these walls to hear what they have to say about my life. 







crocheted long ago
an embrace across the years
Grandma's warmth lives on

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It has been fun to wander around the house looking at objects with the alphabet in mind and then trying to craft a haiku for them.

      Delete