Thursday, July 18, 2013

Arrival or Departure?



It seems that life is often about arrivals and departures. For me, it is sometimes a challenge to tell them apart. Last Saturday I drove 919 miles. I left one home and headed for another. It was a long journey, but a familiar one. I had the GPS and I had traveled this way many times before. I knew the places to stop, the places where the road was curvy and where it was wide and straight. Today, I am embarking on a different journey. There is no map and I do not know the final destination--or even how I will know when I reach it. I am setting out in the moment and will tune in to see the sights along the way. Travel in this manner is certainly a departure from how I generally move through my days--and, it is an arrival as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment