Friday, July 19, 2013

What Was I Thinking?


After posting my first entry yesterday I woke up this morning with this question: What was I thinking? A blog?? And, there is excitement about this project along with the incredulity. So, here is the thinking that supports this project: I am wanting to be more intentional with using my time to engage in art and hope that this process will facilitate both clarity and accountability, I am also opening a shop on Etsy with my pottery and hopefully some other creations and thought that a blog would be an additional way to connect with visitors to that site. It is also my wish to connect with others--not only to share what I am doing, but also to get to know what they are doing.

Poetry is often how I arrange words to know about the world. This poem written last spring speaks to this (ad)venture into the world of blogging and stepping into this space where I hope that I can both define and explore life as I know it to be.

The Key

the key 
to opening
any door
hinges
on one’s willingness
and courage
to move
beyond

action
is necessary
a turn 
around

a push
 through

a pull
toward

a step
into

the waiting
space
welcomes
with arms full
of possibility




No comments:

Post a Comment