Tuesday, August 13, 2013

One Shade of Gray

Opening an Etsy shop requires a lot of attention to detail and work that does not feel like art. While it may not feel like art--the details are actually very much about art. Photographing my pottery was a challenge. I found that the best background on hand was the hammock. The background was seamless and the pottery could relax a bit as long as I kept it from swinging too wildly. The photos are adequate, and allowed me to meet my goal of opening the shop, but they do leave room for improvement. So, off to the fabric store I went today to search for a new option. This shade of gray is a beautiful suede that was on the clearance rack. Hopefully, the pottery will like relaxing on this as well as the hammock, and the photos will be more about pottery and less about the fabric. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment