Monday, August 19, 2013

(Re)solutions

No New Year's celebration would be complete without a resolution or two to take into the coming days. As this school year begins, the one resolution that I would like to focus on is to intentionally make space each day for art. In the past I have found it to be quite easy to get caught up in school work or exhaustion and arrive at the end of the week without so much as an artistic thought. This year I want to commit to at least a few moments of art each day. I think that the time given to art will, in fact, support my success and well being in all areas of my life. When I looked at the word resolution as I began typing tonight, the word 'solution' jumped out at me. Art is often an answer or solution for me in my life. I hope that this is one (re)solution I can keep!

No comments:

Post a Comment